- Graduateship of the Royal Society of Chemistry 1979
- Mastership in Chemical Analysis (MChemA) 1985
- A3 Certificate in Quality Assurance Management 1992
- Master of Science (Food Inspection and Control) 1996
- Certificate in Management Studies 1999
- Chartered Chemist
- Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry
- Member of the Association of Public Analysts
- National Agriculture Panel
- Animal Feed Law Enforcement Liaison Group
- Local Government Food Standards and Labelling Enforcement Group
- AW/010 Animal Feeding Stuffs BSI eCommittee
1975 to 1986 Derbyshire County Council-Public Analysts Laboratory. Worked as a Scientist within the Laboratory undertaking analysis on a wide range of Food/Air/Consumer Safety and Environmental Samples.
1986 to 2001 Humber Authorities Scientific Service - Assistant Scientific Adviser and Public Analyst. Responsible for the operational activities of 14 scientific staff covering food, environment, consumer safety and occupational hygiene. Public Analyst and Agricultural Analyst for Humberside County Council and on abolition, Hull City Council, East Riding of Yorkshire, North East Lincolnshire and North Lincolnshire.
2001 to 2005 Casella GMSS - Public Analyst and Agricultural Analyst for Hull City Council, Hull and Goole Port Health Authority and the Greater Manchester Authorities.
October 2005 to present Eurofins - Public Analyst and Agricultural Analyst to the above authorities following the takeover of Casella GMSS by Eurofins.