- Graduate of University of Wales (Bangor), BSc Hons Chemistry 1975
- Master of Chemical Analysis (MChemA) 1987
- Chartered Chemist
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry
- Member of the Association of Public Analysts
- Member of the Institute of Food Science & Technology
- Previously the Hon. Secretary of the Association of Public Analysts
"The Determination of Caffeine in Roasted Coffee & Coffee Products", Brereton, Ennion & Wood, J.A.P.A., 30, 101-124
Ron currently works within the public analyst's laboratory in Wolverhampton. He has been in this field of employment since 1975, becoming a public analyst and agricultural analyst in 1987.
Currently holds Public Analyst appointments with over 40 food authorities in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.